Slowly creating new traditions. When I began traveling I hated to come back to the same places, it was like " Why??? Here is the whole world waiting to be explored and we are going to the same place?"  . But time have changed, some of the little corners of the world are so magical and hold such a special place in the heart that you can't resist an why should you? In Lithuania this kind of place is Curonian lagoon. At first it looks like nothing special, but to be surrounded by water starts to create it's magic. The lagoon greets you on one side and the Baltic sea on the other one. If I remember well up to 60% of the human body is water so maybe that wavy water around you gives the calming effect for the whole you? The rhythm of waves reminds your own unique tune?
And don't forget the memories, a bunch of funny, sweet, cosy, heartwarming memories. You come to the same place and those memories come alive again, dancing unexpected jazz inside your head.

The last time we visited the Curonian lagoon was the end of 2019, we decided to greet New Year in this wonderland and to have some quite time in our almost 3 weeks trip to Lithuania. What I can say it was a success and the best decision ever. Although I wasn't feeling very well the nature shared her power with me and it was just a bliss to slow down, escape the city lights and fumes, explore sleeping nature and listen to the small drops of the rain rumbling on the rooftop.
The days were super windy so the total amount of enjoying the sandy beach was equal for 6 minutes, but I am not complaining those 6 minutes were full of greatness.
I will not mention that I wore my warmest jacket with 5 layers underneath, wool and a little bit more of wool, you know me well. And to come back to a warm light airb'n b apartment were even more pleasurable than ever.

Unfortunately all good things comes to an end. Maybe they wouldn't be so magical if they would last longer? Our escape ended and after couple more days our visit to Lithuania ended as well but as long as the memories stays in my head and I can feel the longing for those places I feel happy.
















Comments

Popular Posts